JIPB has launched a new publication category: Letter to the Editor (LTE). These rapid communications are short articles for original research with a high degree of novelty, representing a breakthrough in understanding important biological processes that will be of interest to a wide plant science audience.
1. All LTEs shall have a brief and easy-to-understand summary with less than 100 words, to state the rational and major findings of the study.
2. All LTEs shall have a brief and clear title with no more than 80 characters (including spaces).
3. All LTEs shall start with a brief paragraph to provide the rationale of the work, followed by results (including essential materials and methods) and discussions, and then funding and acknowledgement. Up to 3 print pages and 2 illustrations. No subtitles. Author information is listed before references.
4. The text including essential materials and methods, figure legends and maximum 15 references should be limited to 1,600 words. Supplemental information is allowed.
5. All LTEs will be pre-screened by the Editor-in-Chief, with the decision made within 48 hrs. Qualified articles will be handled by a Senior Editor and an Editor for peer review through a fast-track system.
6. All LTEs are FreeAccessed without additional costs.
To submit your manuscript, please go to http://submit-jipb.net/.