JIPB is Introducing a New Category: “Breakthrough Reports”
JIPB will discontinue the category "Letter to the Editor", and launch a new publication category, “Breakthrough Reports” from January 1, 2019. These Breakthrough Reports will present especially exciting and original research findings with a high degree of novelty, representing breakthroughs in understanding important biological processes, with the potential to open new areas of investigation in the field of plant biology.
1. Breakthrough Reports must have a title that clearly and concisely states the nature of the scientific breakthrough being presented (limited to 10 words).
2. Breakthrough Reports shall have a brief declarative Summary of a maximum of 100 words, stating the rational and major findings of the study.
3. Breakthrough Reports shall provide a brief Introduction with no more than 300 words, to establish the rationale for the work, followed by Results and Discussion (must be together, with no more than 1500 words), a brief Acknowledgements, References (limited to 30 citations), and Figure Legends, for a total of 300 words, or less (not including References), and include up to 2 illustrations. Author information is to be listed beneath the title.
4. Breakthrough Reports will have the Materials and Methods, described in detail, presented as Supplemental Information.
5. Breakthrough Reports will be pre-screened by the Editor-in-Chiefs, with the initial decision made within 48 hrs. Qualified manuscripts will be further handled by a Senior Editor and an Editor for peer review through a fast-track system.
To submit your manuscript for the Breakthrough Reports category go to https://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/jipb.