J Integr Plant Biol. ›› 2002, Vol. 44 ›› Issue (3): 337-343.

• Research Articles • Previous Articles     Next Articles

Effects of Sand Burial on the Survival, Growth, and Biomass Allocation in Semi-shrub Hedysarum laeve Seedlings

ZHANG Cheng Yi, YU Fei Hai, DONG Ming   


Hedysarum laeve Maxim. (Leguminosae) is one of the major species used frequently in revegetation of dune field in the sandlands of the northern part of China by means of aerial sowing. Seedlings of the species after emergence above the sand surface may be buried in sand to various depths during its establishment in late spring and early summer. A study was made to examine the effects of sand burial at different levels of 0 (control), 33%, 67%, 100% and 133% of their shoot height, on the survivorship, growth, and biomass allocation pattern of H. laeve seedlings (one and two weeks old after emergence). When burial depth was up to 100% of their shoot height, about 70% seedlings died; and the burial at depth of 133% of their shoot height led to death of all seedlings. When seedlings was buried at depth of 33% and 67% of their shoot height, respectively, after six week growth, their biomass of whole plant, blade, and root and relative growth rate were higher than the unburied counterparts. The seedlings in both 33% and 67% sand burial treatments did not significantly change their biomass allocation pattern comparing with the unburied ones. Furthermore, the number of leaves and shoot height of the seedlings in both 33% and 67% sand burial treatments were not significantly different from those of unburied individuals, respectively. The newly born leaves of the surviving seedlings, in 33%, 67%, and 100% burial treatments, during the period of experiment, were significantly more than those in control.


张称意1,2  于飞海1  董鸣1*

(1.中国科学院植物研究所植被数量生态学开放研究实验室,北京,100093 2.内蒙古农业大学,呼和浩特,010018)

羊柴(Hedysarum laeve Maxim.)是中国北方沙地飞播进行植被恢复与重建的主要植物种.在晚春与夏初的出苗期 ,羊柴幼苗经常遭受不同深度的沙埋.研究旨在探明沙埋对羊柴幼苗存活、生长和生物量分配格局的影响.6周的沙埋试验结果显示:当沙埋深度达到其株高时,约有70%的幼苗死亡 ;沙埋深度达到其株高的133%,可使羊柴幼苗全部死亡;沙埋深度分别为株高的33%67% ,羊柴幼苗的整株生物量、叶片生物量、根系生物量以及相对生长率都相应地高于非沙埋的对照(:0%沙埋).与非沙埋的对照相比,羊柴幼苗在33%67%沙埋条件下并不显著地改变其生物量分配格局;并且羊柴幼苗的叶数和株高与对照无明显差异,但试验期内的新生叶数是沙埋处理(:33%67%100%沙埋)的幼苗明显地高于非沙埋的对照.

关键词 羊柴 沙地 沙埋 幼苗 生长 存活 生物量 分配 相对生长率

*通讯作者 Email: dongming@95777.com


Editorial Office, Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, Institute of Botany, CAS
No. 20 Nanxincun, Xiangshan, Beijing 100093, China
Tel: +86 10 6283 6133 Fax: +86 10 8259 2636 E-mail: jipb@ibcas.ac.cn
Copyright © 2021 by the Institute of Botany, the Chinese Academy of Sciences
Online ISSN: 1744-7909 Print ISSN: 1672-9072 CN: 11-5067/Q